Work-Place Ergonomic Desk Assessments – Sydney City CBD
Poor desk set-up is responsible for much of the neck and back pain we treat as physiotherapists. Macquarie Street Physiotherapy is pleased to offer ergonomic desk assessments to staff whose set-up is less than ideal.
A qualified physiotherapist with extensive ergonomic experience will visit your place of work and conduct a thorough assessment of your workspace and work practices.
Most individuals who require a workplace assessment are currently having musculoskeletal issues. This is why the physiotherapist’s knowledge of your particular complaint, combined with observing how you are working, can be invaluable in getting to the root cause of your symptoms.
A new staff member may be of a different height and size to previous staff, and so the set-up may need to be altered. For anyone who feels uncomfortable at their desk or who experiences back, neck or arm pains, a desk assessment may identify a cause to which there is often a relatively simple solution.
Ergonomic assessment should be considered for those who:
- are new to an organisation
- have relocated to a new workspace or introduced new equipment/work processes
- have a non-work-related injury/condition
- have a pre-existing condition that has flared up.
One of our physiotherapists will attend the work-place for approximately 60 minutes.
An assessment of the desk, chair and surroundings including computer, phone, document holder, files, mouse, etc., and how this equipment is utilized by the staff member.
Corrections are made immediately if possible, such as desk or chair height/tilt. Recommendations will be made about replacing/altering equipment if necessary.
Advice will be given to the staff member regarding modifying work habits, posture, etc.
A short summary of findings, changes and recommendations will be made and sent to the employer/HR manager.
A comprehensive formal ergonomic report can be provided both to the worker and the HR department.
- Details regarding an individual desk assessments, listing risk factors at the workstation that may cause injury and preventative solutions to these problems.
- Analysis of all aspects of the workstation – chair, desk, monitor, keyboard, mouse and the placement of these at the workstation.
- Analysis of the employee – job requirements and their working posture.
- Description of advice given to the employee during the assessment – e.g., regarding rests, and any exercises given
- Recommendations including any equipment that may be required, along with assistance with sourcing products if necessary.
The price for all workplace assessments is dependent on travel-time, and whether a brief or detailed report is requested. If more than one desk assessment is required, it is more economical to conduct them all during the same visit.
Please call the reception staff at Macquarie Street Physiotherapy on (02) 9221 1604 for more information/ bookings of a work-place desk assessments in the Sydney City CBD area.